REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Southern Tandem Rally 2015
October 2nd – 4th
The 37th Annual Southern Tandem Rally is headed to Virginia for the first time. Richmond, Virginia’s rich Southern history and hospitality will provide the ideal backdrop for locating this year’s event. Richmond (also referred to as “RVA”) is also the site of the 2015 UCI Road World Championships. The Worlds, September 19-27, will be a great lead-up to a fabulous weekend of cycling and camaraderie for tandem enthusiasts. If you have never visited Richmond or attended a major cycling event, we encourage you to come early and see everything that Richmond has to offer.
- $125 per adult
- $80 per child (age 16 and under)
- Entries postmarked after August 31, 2015 should include an additional $15 per individual
What is included in the fee:
- Friday evening reception: local beer, wine and desserts
- Catered luncheon on Saturday
- Saturday night banquet dinner and entertainment
- STR logo apparel
- STR swag
- If you find that you need to cancel your trip to STR, please send an email notification as soon as possible to 2015@SouthernTandemRally.com. Refunds will be available through August 31, 2015 less a $30 cancellation fee.
Routes are still in the works, but here is a glimpse of what we are planning:
What else should I know?
- Registration is limited to the first 100 paid teams
- Teams will receive confirmation of their paid registration via email
- To register, click the “Register Here!” link above or just click HERE.
The host hotel for STR 2015 is the beautiful Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa/Short Pump. Located in the west-end of Richmond, the hotel is conveniently accessed by major interstates and yet allows easy access to beautiful cycling routes in the rolling Virginia countryside. A block of rooms has been reserved for $129 per night plus taxes that includes parking and a hot breakfast buffet. Please call 1-800-445-8667 or 804-364-3600 to make reservations. You must mention Southern Tandem Rally to receive this special rate.
Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa/Short Pump
12042 West Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia, 23233
Several major interstates run through or near to Richmond: I-64, I-85, I-95 and I-81. The following are a sampling of distances to Richmond from:
- Atlanta, GA (530 miles)
- Charlotte, NC (291 miles)
- Orlando, FL (739 miles)
- Philadelphia, PA (248 miles)
- Raleigh, NC (170 miles)
- St Louis, MO (822 miles)
- Washington, D.C. (109 miles)
If you are traveling by air, the Richmond International Airport is located just 20 miles from the host hotel. Serviced by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways, a wide variety of flight options should be available.
- RVA Travel and Tourism Guide: http://www.visitrichmondva.com/
- UCI World Road Championships: http://richmond2015.com/
- Many more to come…
STR is being co-coordinated by Ryan Courville/Christen Hunter and Smith Doss/Claude Monnier.
If you have any questions, please email us at 2015@SouthernTandemRally.com. Also, please check back here (SouthernTandemRally.com) often as additional information will continue to be posted as we near the event.
Plans are being made for an STR PreTour for those interested in riding and socializing with other tandem teams between the UCI World Championships ending on Sun., Sept. 27 and STR 2015. Plans for the PreTour location(s) will be finalized by mid-summer. The PreTour will visit one or two areas within a couple of hours of Richmond for organized loop rides from each location. This will be a no-frills event with scheduled rides and recommended accommodations and group dining options. Each team will be responsible for driving to and from the PreTour locations and booking their own rooms. Please indicate on the registration form if you are interested in receiving additional information on the PreTour as it becomes available this summer.